Monday, September 15, 2014

Walking the Walk

Teachers of writing must write.  This is a tenet I've believed in for years, something I've scribbled down as a basic belief and encouraged other teachers to pursue.

I write.  Sometimes.  I write when my students do, when the daily writing prompt appeals to my creative sensibilities.  I write when I need to model a strategy.  I write a lot of feedback.  Still, as someone who believes writing teachers need to write, I haven't done much real-world writing - writing for me  and not specifically for my students in awhile.

It's time to begin again.

This blog is my attempt to communicate my life as a teacher of English, a technology-lover, a YA reader, and a life-long learner.  My journey may not be that much different from other teachers, but it is my journey.

Why Seeking Teachable Moments?  The idea of teachable moments is usually used in education as a place where teachers stop their planned lesson to deal with something students need to know in the moment.  I'm in that moment now.  I hope to seek out moments to share that can teach us something about education, about learning, about becoming our best selves.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment